Hemp oil is the oil produced from raw seeds of cannabis hemp plant. While cannabis plants are better known for the psychoactive properties of THC, hemp oil is non-psychoactive and comes with many health benefits due to the rich ingredients that make it up.
Important Omega and Gamma-Linolenic Fatty Acids
Hemp oil is comprised of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These omega variants are essential for a proper cell reproduction and healthy skin. Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) is a specific type of omega-6 fatty acid. It has an amazing anti-inflammatory property and is effective in preventing acne growth.
The oil is also rich in minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus. Not only this, but the hemp seed oil is also a natural moisturizer.
Advantages of Hemp Oil for the Skin:
The benefits of hemp oil for the skin are numerous. Some of the most major ones are listed below:
- Skin Allergies and Reactions: As published in “Journal of Dermatological Treatment,” Hemp oil is very effective against eczema, psoriasis, and rashes. All you need to do was simply dab the affected area with hemp oil throughout the day.
- Natural Moisturizer: Hemp is rich in vitamin D, which is vital for calcium assimilation to accomplish delicate, smooth and hydrated skin. The oil does not clog the pores, but penetrates the external layer easily and is highly emollient.
- Oil Cleansing: Since hemp oil is non-comedogenic, it is a great choice for oil cleansing treat on the skin. It is safe to use and balances out excess sebum on the skin layer, which would otherwise lead to the formation of blackheads and whiteheads.
How to Use Hemp Oil?
There is no single way to make use of hemp oil. You can take it in through foods or you may use several products that come with hemp oil.
- Diet: Diets these days are more and more often deficient in omega fatty acids, especially in the western world. Including hemp oil in your diet is a great way to tackle this deficiency and ensure that you are getting a great supply of important fatty acids, which are an integral component of any healthy and balanced skin.
- Beauty Products: Hemp seed oil is utilized as a part of different beauty products including skin creams, shampoos, shaving cream, lip salves and sun creams. As mentioned before, hemp seed oil is a great moisturizer and can make your skin feel smooth and delicate while maintaining water resistance.
Is Hemp Oil Safe to Use?
People may be hesitant to use hemp oil because of fears about psychoactivity or addiction. During the manufacturing process, however, any psychoactive ingredients are completely removed.
The strains of hemp seed that are developed and grown for oil creation have a low resin level in any case, and once they experience the manufacturing procedure and are washed and squeezed, the final product is free of any psychoactive mixes or tetrahydroconnabinol (THC).