Making your own THC oil is easy. The pure cannabis oil offers relief to women and men that suffer from several different medical diagnosis issues like cancer, epilepsy, PTSD, and even chronic joint pain. For those with a prescription, you can benefit from the pain relief by using small amounts of the THC oil by consuming 1 to 3 drops daily.
Preparing Your Workspace
You will need to choose a workspace before you dive into making the THC oil. You need to ensure that the workspace is safe. The space needs to be very well ventilated. You need to open all of the windows and use fans in order to promote the airflow. The space will also need to be equipped with an extinguisher in case of a fire. The alcohol that will be used is a solvent and is very flammable, as well as the oil. There are a couple different ways to make the oil, so you will need to choose your workspace based around if you will be using a stove or a rice cooker to make your oil.
Supplies You Will Need to Make THC Oil
There are specific materials that you will need in order to make your oil. In this section you are going to learn what you need and be given a list so that you are able to get all of your items ready before you begin.
- 1 Ounce of Marijuana or 2 to 3 Ounces Marijuana Trim
- 1 Gallon High Proof Alcohol like Ever-clear
- 1 Ceramic Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- Strainer (Cheese Cloth, Coffee Filter, Stockings, etc.)
- 1 - 2 Quart Mixing Cup
- 1 Silicon Spatula
- 1 Double Broiler or Rice Cooker
- Oral Syringes - Plastic
- Odor Respirator Mask
- Oven Mitts
- Non-Latex Gloves
- Safety Glasses
How to Make THC Oil in 9 Simple Steps
After you have gathered all of your supplies and picked your workspace, you will then need to begin to follow the directions to make your THC oil. Follow the directions properly in order to ensure that you have made your oil in the proper way. Make sure to only use alcohol that is intended for human consumption. Do not use rubbing alcohol.
- Put the marijuana buds inside of the ceramic mixing bowl.
- Pour the alcohol on them enough to cover them by one inch.
- Soak your marijuana buds in the alcohol.
- Using the wooden spoon, mash and mix the alcohol and the marijuana together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- The constant stirring motion will help the alcohol absorb the THC form the marijuana.
- Using the strainer and the 2-quart mixing cup, strain the marijuana from the alcohol. Your mixing cup should be full with a dark green liquid. If you are using cheesecloth or an equivalent, then make sure to squeeze all of the liquid out of the marijuana.
- You will then soak, mix, and then strain again. The first time will remove about 70 to 80 percent of the resin from the marijuana. However, the second time it will remove the rest of the THC. Do the same exact process of straining again using the same alcohol.
- Now, you will put the alcohol into the double broiler on the top. Fill the bottom of the double broiler so that you can cook off the solvent. You will allow the pan to bubble for about 15 to 25 minutes. Scrape the sides and the bottom occasionally.
- Once it is a dark green syrup, the alcohol has evaporated and you have the oil. As the oil cools it will thicken up. This can be done in a rice cooker as well.
Remember that you will need to store the oil in an air tight, spill proof container so that it cannot spill. Ensure that it is out of the reach of children.