An RDA is short for Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. This is a type of vape tank where the e-liquid drips directly onto the coil or the wick. It does not hold much of the e-liquid at one time. You will have to fill the fluid more often. However, it is easier to make these and change the coils, the wicks, and even customize the output.
By far, the better way to go is by looking into getting a rebuildable dripping atomizer. By using this RDA, you are not limited by what you can build since there is no resistance to limits. You’ll not have to worry about the fragile devices that are always breaking and costing money. The components of this RDA include:
- a metal tube
- Firing Button
- Top Pin
There is basically nothing that can break on the RDA. There are many kinds on the market, which is included in this guide. The RDAs come in three different styles. There is a simple single coil that has two post atomizers, which are a negative post and a positive post. The most common form of RDS is the three-post atomizer. It includes two negative posts and has one positive pot. There is also four and five post RDAs. The five post RDA is a great option for those just starting out with the RDAs.
There are some downsides to using the rebuildable dripping atomizers; however, the positives of the RDAs by far outweigh them. One of them is that the battery may not last as long as you are used to. It can be easily solved by having another battery or charging it a bit more often. It is so small that it really should not classify as a downside, but a guide is honest and informative.
Best RDAs Reviewed
Before moving onto the list, you should be aware of the Ohm law. The ohm law states that a current that goes through a conductor between two different points is proportional to the voltage that is between the two points. Therefore, it is why when rebuilding the atomizer; it is crucial to ensure that you have an ohm meter. However, if you do not have an ohm meter, it is highly suggested to purchase one before attempting to rebuild the atomizers. There are a couple of the RDAs that are listed here that are purely for those who are familiar with RDAs and the ohm law. They are specified in the list.
#1 Mutation X V5 RDA
This product is on sale for $3 less than normal price. It has received 5 out of 5 stars on reviews. It includes an ultra-progressive design that includes 18 air holes that differ in sizes and also has a two top airflow for a total of 20 air holes. It includes a very deep juice well, a large deck and a square peek insulator. It also includes a tri-pole design, which will allow it to be compatible with the single or the dual coil builds.
- 1 Mutation X V5 RDA
- 1 Screwdriver
- Additional Screws
- Includes a tri-pole design for a single or a dual coil build.
- Offer two-post velocity style of deck.
- Has an ultra deep juice well.
- Includes 18 air holes that are different sizes in a diamond type pattern, as well as two top airflow holes.
- Offers a slicing blade airflow control.
- Includes a copper 510-center pin for high conductivity.
- Includes a post-less building option.
- Measures: 22 x 37.4 x 22 mm.
#2 Hannya Postless RDA
Blitz Enterprises designed this RDA. It includes a design that allows this RDA to be compatible with a single or a dual coil configuration. It has limitless wick possibilities. The positive post is located in the middle section and has two lead holes that are negative posts. This ensures that it offers a high level of coil conductivity.
- 1 Hannya RDA
- 1 Allen Key
- 2 Extra Screws
- Replacement O-Rings
- Constructed of stainless steel.
- Offers a deep juice well.
- Has a Delrin Widebore Drip tip.
- Has a honeycomb spit back protection.
- Includes a postless innovative design.
- Includes two positive terminal holes that are surrounded by the PEEK insulator.
- Includes two negative terminal holes.
- Offers a single and double coil configuration.
- Has 7 2mm air slots on its sides.
- Has adjustable airflow control.
- Includes a copper plated 510-connection pin.
#3 Goon RDA
The Goon RDA was designed by 528 Custom Vapes and offers the capacity to house almost any size builds. It is 24 mm in diameter and includes a deep well. You can install this on your builds very easily. This specific RDA offers the ability for a plethora of different builds, including a single or a dual coil configuration. It also includes many wick possibilities.
- 1 Goon RDA by the 528 Customs
- 1 Bag of the spare O-rings, as well as additional screws
- 1 528 Customs Vapes pouch
- Includes 510 threads.
- Has an adjustable top airflow valve.
- Has a wide bore drip tip.
- The drip tip measures ½”.
- Includes a copper contact pin.
- Includes a gold plated bridge post.
- Has gold plated clamps.
- Is hybrid safe?
- Offers PEEK insulators.
- Includes positive, as well as negative bridges that are replaced easily.
- Includes a unique serial number.
- Measurements: 1-1/2″ x 1″ – 24mm in Diameter
#4 Wismec Theorem RTA Kit
This is the latest RDA from Wismec, which is a newer design by JayBo. It was inspired by SMM. This product includes many adjustable airflow options, a unique designed build deck, a top fill design, and a brand new notch coil. This product is an advanced product. You will need to use precautions and handle this product responsibly. If you are a beginner, then it is recommended to utilize the other products that are listed here in this guide.
- 1 Theorem Atomizer
- 2 Airflow Control Rings
- 1 Tube made of Stainless Steel
- 1 Tube made of Glass
- 2 Notch Coils that have cotton
- 3 Silicone Rings
- 4 Screws
- 1 Screwdriver
- 1 Warranty Card
- User Manual
- Includes a stainless steel design.
- Has a detachable structure.
- Includes an optional atomizer tube and airflow control ring.
- Is included with a drip tank hybrid.
- Offers a top fill design.
- Has adjustable airflow control.
- Includes a brand new notch coil that has cotton.
#5 Wotofo Lush Authentic RDA
This RDA offers an excellent appearance, as well as performance. It was constructed using high-grade stainless steel to give you a good and solid construction with higher durability. It offers an angled cyclonic airflow. It includes an adjustable silver plated copper 510-pin, a chuff cap, 510-drip tip, and an adapter. You will also receive extra O-rings, a multi-tool, and grub screws. This RDA is also for those RDA users that are advanced. You need to use this product at your own risk and use proper precautions when you handle this product. The rebuildable atomizers are for those who are experienced with the access to multimeters, have a knowledge of the ohms law, and has a good sense of electronic devices.
- 1 Lush RDA designed by Wotofo
- 1 Chuff Cap and then a Standard 510 Drip Tip
- 1 Bag of Screws and O-rings
- 1 – 3 Post Screwdriver
- This RDA offers a very deep juice well.
- Has a silver-plated contact pin.
- Includes a four-post design that provides a “T” center post.
- There is a negative post-milled onto the deck directly.
- It includes a standard cap that will act as an adaptor for the 510-drip tip.
- Offers a silver plated copper contact pin for the highest of electronic conductivity.
This guide has been written in the hopes that it makes it easier for you to understand the options available when you are embarking on your journey of switching to E-Cigs from smoking cigarettes, as well as rebuilding atomizers (for ones that offer that option). We’ve also put together the reviews of some of the very best RDAs, so you can easily choose one that fits your bill.
How to Rebuild an RDA
In this walkthrough, we’ll be going through how to rebuild an RDA that has three posts. There is one positive post that is in the middle, and then there are two negative posts that are on the sides of the positive post. Here are the materials that you will need to rebuild your three posts RDA.
- Kanthal – 28g
- Micro Screwdriver – 5/64
- Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
- Ohm Meter
- Advanced E-Cig
The rebuildable atomizers are geared towards the advanced E-Cigs that offer high wattage. The regular pen type of E-Cig will not be able to keep up with this type of atomizer. The Mech mod or a higher wattage vape mod will be needed. Here are the steps to rebuild your RDA.
- You will first unscrew the screws on each of the posts. Ensure that you do not remove them. Unscrew them just enough so that the holes are visible.
- Wrap your coil using the kanthal.
- Hold one end of the kanthal with the thumb and the forefinger. Tightly wind the coil around the micro screwdriver. Wrap it around eight times or more, but no less than eight times. If the kanthal overlaps, you will need to start again. If the coil is not tight enough, do not worry about this now.
- Insert two ends of your coil into one side of your RDA. It will be much easier if you leave your screwdriver in as you put it in.
- Repeat the steps and ensure that you wrap the coil the same amount of times.
- Clip off your ends.
- Put your atomizer on the ohmmeter to get the resistance. Depending on the device, it will rely on the range that is acceptable. It will be from 0.5 to 1.0 ohms. If one coil is a bit tighter than the other, this is all right.
- Put your RDA on the mod and fire it. Make sure that it is not set to high. Squeeze the coils between the firings. Squeeze the coils between firings so that you can get them to the same size.
- Put a strand of cotton into one of the sides.
- Repeat this for the other size. The cotton should not be too tight. It will expand when saturated.
- Cut off the ends of the cotton.
- Drip in your liquid. Test the E-Cig. Make sure to clean up the kanthal as it will pierce the skin if you step on it.